I grew up in the northern part of Minnesota, and lived for a while in Upstate New York, Central Texas, and west-river South Dakota, before circling back to my homeland. The winters have been very restorative to my snow and cold-loving soul.
My first novel is coming out soon! More news and links about that can be found at my author site.
I write books and stories and (please contain your amazement) blog posts. About a decade ago I got my library degree, and since then I’ve worked as a librarian and archivist, with some freelance editing on the side. I’m currently taking a break from full-time library/archives work in order to care for my son E, who was born with an array of health issues. That can get overwhelming to write about and live with — so more often than not, I’ll write about other stuff, too. Such as:
- Libraries, archives, and special collections
- Books and reading (mostly science fiction, fantasy, romance, and horror, but I’ll read anything)
- Gardening in a small city
- Podcasts and old-time radio shows (a plethora of the latter can be found at the glorious glorious Internet Archive)
- Movies and TV
- Cooking and baking
- Hiking and biking
- Muppets and/or Puppets
- Vincent Price and his extensive oeuvre
- Chronic diseases and disability