What did I do this month, as a living breathing being separate from my baby? If I put it all in bullet points, it will make me feel like I’ve accomplished things.
- I worked a lot, or as much as one can work when working part-time.
- I supported my husband during a job interview.
- I found out we’ll be moving.
- I gave notice at my job.
- We contacted a realtor to put our house on the market.
- I did not eat candy.
- I screwed up scheduling for at least two separate blog posts.
- I went for a week on little sleep — when the babes started sleeping again, waking up with a full night of rest made me feel drunk.
- My parents visited and we painted two living room walls.
- We took Baby E. to many doctor appointments (and survived).
- I hired painters to come and finish the paint job. They did a much quicker and more efficient job than I would have.
- I received my first bill from a will/trusts lawyer. It was ridiculously high. How do you professionally say, “I think I’ll just go the holograph route” ?
- I wrote almost nothing. (Not counting blog posts)
That last is a source of consternation. I am having trouble (again) finding time to write. It didn’t help that I was wiped out for much of the month, but gad. It’s a whole month gone by! I’ve got so many things started and so many ideas and so little energy and time. I feel like a failure.
This means, I’ve decided, that I should start eating candy again.