I’ve been feeling extremely tired lately. Part of me blames the increased sunlight, while other, snarkier parts cough and point to the nightly congregation of parking lot yappers our apartment complex attracts. Finals are wrapping up, so kids are partying. But ultimately I’m pretty sure the culprit is the Imuran.
I read other UCers’ medication testimonials and no one seems to be on more than fifty milligrams of the stuff, while my doctor started me on 125 and moved up to 150. The sleepiness would bother me more if I could remember when the hell I last had energy (as I am by inclination a proponent of La-Z-Boys and ice cream comas), probably in high school when I was still actively interested in batting tennis balls. I was under the impression that higher levels of Imuran fuss with liver function and pre-cancerous thingums.
Speaking of pre-cancerous thingums, A. and I have plans to drive down to the city this weekend. I am rehearsing my mouth-cancer images for after the first margarita and the scratchy smell of matches. However, my reasoning breaks down right about then:
A Typical Progression as the Second Pitcher of Belchfire Margaritas Sloshes onto the Table
- This margarita has more alcohol than my whole apartment complex
- Alcohol is bad for the liver – oh, hey, chips
- Liver, liver, liver…paste? Bah, rich bitch food
- Liver function! My liver is rotting. I should probably finish this anyway. There are dry drunks on the street, for godssakes
- Perhaps a cigarette will counteract liver damage?
- No. Mouth cancer!
- No. Mouth!
- As long as it’s a Dunhill. Because they’re expensive. Might be some pharmaceutical shit in there.
By this point, any unusual bleeding or bruising will not be noticed. Also, sleep will be foregone, so of course I’ll be sleepy. Plus our friends live next door to a restaurant that plays top fortyish dance stuff at eight a.m. Side effects will become reality!
I would like to take an actual medication vacation someday soon. As this blog entry shows, it is getting awfully hard to concentrate…